In this clause 16:
"Personal Information" means Information relating to an identifiable natural or juristic person including but not limited to, information relating to race, gender, sex, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, religion, belief, disability, language, birth, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history as well as correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence.
"Processing" means any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning Personal Information, including: collection; receipt; recording; organisation; collation; storage; updating or modification; retrieval; alteration; consultation; use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
- We may and you expressly consent to the collecting and Processing of your Personal Information by us, to:
- open, administer and operate the Business Current Account;
- provide any combination of services, analysis, advice or intermediary service linked to Business Current Account, to you and to the company to be registered;
- monitor and analyse the conduct on the Business Current Account for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes;
- carry out statistical and other analysis to identify potential markets and trends; and
- develop new products and services.
- You hereby expressly consent that we may:
- process your Personal Information within the Standard Bank group of companies for the above purposes;
- disclose your Personal information to any person who provides services to us or acts as our agent or to whom we have transferred or propose to transfer any of our rights and duties of the Business Current Account. Some of these persons may be located in countries outside of the Republic of South Africa; and
- share your Personal information with our service providers, locally and outside South Africa, as necessary. We ask persons who provide services to us to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal information to carry out their services
- You acknowledge that:
- we will at all times remain responsible for determining the purpose of and means for Processing your Personal information;
- we are required by various laws, including the Financial Intelligence Centre Act and the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, to collect some of your Personal information;
- without your Personal information we may be unable to open or continue to offer services to you; and
- you are providing us with your Personal information voluntarily.
- Warranting that you are duly authorised by the proposed: (1) directors, (2) shareholders, and (3) authorised signatories of the company Business Current Account, you expressly consent to the collecting and Processing of their Personal Information by us, to perform all of the acts set out in clauses 16.1 to 16.3 above.