Building referrals for your business
- When you provide each of your customers with outstanding service, they automatically become your champions. Make it easy for them to refer you through a website, company Facebook page, and easy-to-find contact information.
- Network through industry associations like business forums and chambers.
- Expand your business by encouraging regular customers to recommend your services. This can take the form of loyalty services, referral discounts etc.
- Acknowledge all referrals. Send “Thank you” notes or let the original customer know that you are aware of the good turn they have given you.
- Be proactive when keeping contact with previous customers. Whether through regular contact, or Christmas wishes.
- Establish yourself as a thought leader in your field by attending conferences and contributing to publications and abstracts.
- Build reciprocal relationships with other businesses that fit well into your service offering, and share promotional offers where possible.
Word-of-mouth referrals can be a valuable source of new business. This is particularly true for small business owners, who often cannot afford to spend money on advertising and marketing their business.
Click here to download: Building referrals (Word Doc)
Click here to download: Building referrals (Pdf)