All the answers to your unique business lifestage questions
Websites are an affordable and effective way to do business, making the Internet a medium that few small businesses can afford to ignore. Use these seven tips to ensure that the money you spend on developing and maintaining your website is an investment in your company's future.
- Concentrate on the one thing or group of things you want to sell. Unrelated products can confuse and irritate your visitors.
- Know your customers and build the site to their preferences. Don't try to be all things to all people.
- Credibility is crucial. Your site must include an email address, postal address, phone number and a fax number. You can't expect people to buy from you without this.
- Guarantee everything. If you are willing to assume risk, customers are more inclined to trust you.
- Accept as many payment methods as possible, especially credit cards.
- Keep design consistent. Nothing is more disturbing to customers than feeling as though they have moved to another site each time they click to a new page.
- Is your copy logical and compelling? Does it lead your visitor through the sales process? Have a colleague review your copy to ensure it delivers the intended message. Double check your spelling and grammar.