The opportunity to touch base with your future client is now. Digital and technology used well and with purpose, know-how and with intention is the opportunity that small businesses can influence to engage with potential markets. Building your ecosystem is a click away but only if you know how to use the tools.
All the answers to your unique business lifestage questions
Embracing technology is no longer a choice for Entrepreneurs. Digital marketing has advanced so far into future market; to ignore this platform does not make economic sense.
In this hyper-connected world, research shows that there will be 50 billion networked devices by 2020. This alone is reason enough for entrepreneurs to embrace these empowering shifts in building business ecosystems.
The opportunity technology enables to connect to a global community is one that all businesses large and small need to engage with in building futures. Although customers are now just a click of a button away, there are still too few African Entrepreneurs who are tapping into online platforms that can scale their products and services.
Gone are the days when SME's still need to resort only to knocking on people’s doors to market their offerings. In an advanced technology era reaching customers is as simple as tapping into the correct digital platform. It's up to entrepreneurs to build ecosystems that can reach customers in real time.
Related: The top 5 ecommerce trends you should look out for
The Digital gap for entrepreneurs to large to ignore
Isolating business from opportunities that the information age enables remains the gap for many SME's. Entrepreneurs who still do not engage with online platforms will have to rethink their marketing strategies.
The Internet of Things (IOT) drives innovation and creates new platforms that bring consumers, products and activity into a central market which is a force too powerful to ignore.
Visibility on digital platforms is a key component to new markets. Platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, dropbox, twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram can be seamlessly integrated into your marketing portfolios irrespective of the size of your business.
If you don't have an online presence chances are that your potential clients may find your competitors who are active in digital markets. Search Engine Marketing is highly dependent on how active you present your offering on line and how you choose to optimise technology to advance your business to a global client base.
Positioning your brand online affords:
- Greater brand awareness - Global reach at the click of a button
- Your customers are now a click away - Remember there is no one size fits all. Make sure your mobilisation strategy builds into an ecosystem that can scale your brand
- Brand residual - Content marketing; blogs; thought leadership positioning and diversifying into new markets is enabled
- Digital marketing has no time frames - It’s possible to reach your client base 24/7/365; Customers search the products offered at times suitable to their needs
- Internet marketing is cost-effective - no start-up-capital and often just needs data
- Digital marketing is time-effective - Internet marketing is fast and easy to start. You can set up a campaign at any time and choose the platforms that work for you
- Convenient, easy and quick service delivery is enabled
- Advertising to target markets is much easier to achieve - With search optimisation critical information such as age, gender, income streams etc can be determined
- Creating a client base is now far easier and producing content that scales your business in real time is enabled
- Brand positioning online is an opportunity to build new platforms, eco-systems and allows companies to advertise on the varying search engines to reach diverse markets.
Related: Ecommerce in retail: The future of sales security