Business Start-up Checklist
Getting your business started on the right foot requires some serious grit and determination. But there is no need to reinvent the wheel. There are many resources to help you follow the first steps for your business:
- Register your company name and business with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- There are different legal structures that your company can be registered as. Decide which will be the most appropriate for your industry.
- Writing a business plan is one of the most valuable and important first steps. Your business plan will identify how you plan to make money, who your target market will be, and how you plan to bring your product to market.
- Build partnerships and business relationships
- Find a good business attorney to consult with
- Make sure that you have obtained all the necessary business licenses
BizConnect provides a comprehensive 17-point checklist for entrepreneurs to use to ensure they have included all the important business decisions and information in their start-up plans. This business start-up checklist includes:
- Business name and registration decisions
- Business legal structure choices
- Critical business relationships to consider
- Legal requirements and licenses
- Deciding on finance options
- Requirements for staffing your business
All this and other important things to remember when starting a business are available in our Business Start-up Checklist.
Click here to download: Start-up checklist (Word Doc)
Click here to download: Start-up checklist (Pdf)